LINQ Error – Row not found or changed

December 15, 2010

Just called an update on a Linq object and instead of a nicely updated SQL record, I got an error:

Row not found or changed

Why? I had just added a new property to the table I was updating – I did this manually, instead of deleting and re-adding the table so I didnt lose all the changes I have made to the object since first dragging it onto the design surface, which is fine – Although I forgot to check the nullable setting of the SQL column – The mimatch (SQL column nullable, data context object property NOT nullable) caused the error – As soon as these were set correctly, all was good!

Row not found or changed – Not exactly a very useful/relevent error message!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: